It’s crazy to think about all the things we get to experience in life — all the paths we take; people we meet; places we go. There’s no reason to regret anything as long as you can look back and say you were happy in the moment. Each of us will eventually get to look back on our lives and and all the events and people that filled them — the bottom line to it all is the simple question of whether we experienced more happiness than sadness.
Oreo Cookie Crust
- 1 350g bag Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1 cup peanuts (optional)
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- 2 lbs softened cream cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1.5 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, cut into 6’s
- 5 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- More Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (3, cut into quarters to mark out 12 pieces… or more, just because)
- Throw peanuts in a blender ’til they’re really small (not fine, but small). Combine the crushed Oreos and the ground peanuts with the stick of melted butter. Note: At this stage, add more butter if your crust seems a bit dry.
- Pat the crust mixture into 10-inch round springform pan. You should have enough to go up the sides.
Reese’s Cheesecake Filling:
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time. Keep beating the eggs / cream cheese.
- Add the sugar, the peanut butter and the whipping cream. Keep mixing.
- Stir in the vanilla, and fold in the Peanut Butter Cups with a spatula.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust.
- Cover the bottom of the springform pan with tin foil. You’re going to place it in water, so try and make it air tight. Place the springform pan into a larger baking pan, and fill the larger pan with hot water, such that the water comes about an inch up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake at 275 degrees F for 90 minutes, or until firm and lightly browned. Place it in the fridge.
- Melt the chocolate and the sour cream in a microwave in 20 second bursts, stirring constantly. Once it’s all melted and smooth, spread it over the cheesecake with a spatula. Drop broken up Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups on top. Or add Oreos. Or a bunch of Snickers bars and peanuts. Really, the world is your oyster.
Finally: Refrigerate the entire cake at least 4 hours. Then serve in extremely thin slices.